Thursday, September 4, 2014

It's Time to Take Chances, Make Mistakes, and Get Educated!

      Hello all!  This blog is going to be my chronicle of this year's history class.  This is the first time I've been in a paperless classroom, and I'm excited to see how it goes.  This past week we watched a couple of videos in class - a video about what makes a good teacher, and a Youtube video by John Green about public education and why we should be more grateful for it:
The first video talked about the importance of first impressions in teaching, and what makes a really great teacher.  I think that great teachers are the ones who can explain things so that all of their students can understand it.  If one way of explaining a concept isn't working for someone, a great teacher can come up with another way to help the student understand.  I find that interactive learning strategies help me to learn best, so it's always good to have a teacher who uses activities, technology, or other tools that are more interactive than a lecture. 
     
      In the second video we watched, John Green talked a lot about the student's duty to use their education to improve the world.  I think that because we students have been given the privilege to get an education, we should use that education to the best of our ability to make the world a better place.  I don't enjoy struggling through seemingly endless hours of homework, but if that's what I have to do to get the most out of my education, then that's what I'll do, and I hope that it will help me to get good grades and develop a good understanding of everything I learn this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Morgan! I love your reference to the Magic School. Bus in your title!

    ReplyDelete